Part - 01
1) The Maharashtra government unveiled the state’s Agriculture Export Policy with a focus on promoting shipments of 21 agricultural commodities.
▪️ Maharashtra :-
➨ Sanjay Gandhi (Borivali) National Park
➨ Tadoba National Park
➨Nawegaon National Park
➨Gugamal National Park
➨Chandoli National Park
2) The book titled “A Nation To Protect” authored by Priyam Gandhi Mody was launched by Union Health Minister Mansukh Mandaviya.
➨ The book highlights the role of PM Narendra Modi during the Covid crisis in the past two years.
3) Microsoft founder and philanthropist Bill Gates has been conferred with Hilal-e-Pakistan, the second highest civilian honour in the country, for his efforts to help eradicate polio in Pakistan.
4) India has launched a special operation named 'Operation Ganga' to evacuate its nationals from Ukraine, a majority being students.
5) The High Commission of India in Dhaka launched the Suborno Jayanti Scholarship website in order to share openings for education and professionalism in India for Bangladeshi citizens.
6) “Ex Dharma Guardian-2022”, a joint military exercise between India and Japan, is being conducted at the Foreign Training Node in Belagavi.
7) India's second-largest IT services company Infosys Ltd has launched a metaverse foundry to ease and fast-track enterprises' exploration of the metaverse, a collective virtual shared space created by the convergence of virtually enhanced physical and digital reality.
8) Dr Mansukh Mandavia, Union Minister for Health and Family Welfare launched the National Polio Immunization Drive for 2022 by administering polio drops to children below five years of age in the Ministry of Health and Family Welfare.
9) In a top level administrative realignment the Union government announced to elevate senior IAS officers and Digital India Corporation CEO Abhishek Singh as new National e-Governance Division (NeGD) CEO.
➨ The 1995-batch IAS officer from Nagaland cadre will hold the position in the rank and pay of Additional Secretary.
10) The government announced the appointment of Madhabi Puri Buch as the new chairperson of the market watchdog: Securities and Exchange Board of India (SEBI). She will be the first woman chairperson of the SEBI.
➠The Securities and Exchange Board of India (SEBI) is the regulatory body for securities and commodity market in India under the jurisdiction of Ministry of Finance , Government of India. It was established on 12 April 1988 and given Statutory Powers on 30 January 1992 through the SEBI Act, 1992.
11) Indian Space Research Organisation has announced that A Large Area Soft X-ray Spectrometer (CLASS), a payload on-board Chandrayaan-2 Orbiter, has detected solar proton events which significantly increase the radiation exposure to humans in space.
➨Formed :- 15 August 1969
➨Headquarter :- Bangalore, Karnataka, India
➨Chairman :- S Somnath
12) The National Science Day is observed every year in India on February 28 to recognise the contributions of scientists towards the development of India.
➨The theme of National Science Day 2022 is 'Integrated Approach in Science and Technology for a Sustainable Future'.
13) A team of researchers from the Indian Institute of Technology (IIT) Kanpur has developed a novel nanoparticle-based biodegradable carbenoid metabolite (BioDCM) that can protect agricultural crops from fungal and bacterial infections.
14) The 2020 Tokyo Olympics silver medallist in weightlifting, Mirabai Chanu, clinched the gold medal at the ongoing Singapore Weightlifting International.
15) Rafael Nadal maintained his unbeaten start to 2022 by beating British number one Cameron Norrie 6-4 6-4 to win the Mexican Open.
➨ The Spaniard won a 21st major title at the Australian Open after victory in a Melbourne warm-up event.
➨Nadal, who also triumphed in 2013 and 2020, is now the tournament's youngest and oldest champion.
16) IIT Delhi startup Nanoclean Global has launched the world’s smallest wearable air purifier Naso95, which is at par effective to an N95 grade face mask.
➨ Naso95 is helpful in combat of air pollution, allergens, bacteria, and viruses.
17) Samiran Gupta has been named the new head of policy for microblogging platform Twitter in India.
➨ He will lead the company’s public policy and philanthropy efforts in India and South Asia.
➽ Twitter :-
➨Founders - Jack Dorsey, Biz Stone, Evan Williams, Noah Glass
➨Founded - 21 March 2006
Headquarters - San Francisco, California, United States
➨ Chief Executive Officer - Parag Agrawal
18) Google announced to bring its Play Pass subscription service to Android devices in India for Rs 99 a month or Rs 889 for the year.
➨ The Google Play Pass subscription service will offer over 1,000 apps and games across 41 categories without ads or in-app purchases.
19) India won eight medals at the Singapore Weightlifting International 2022, including six gold, one silver, and one bronze.
➨India has qualified 12 weightlifters for the Commonwealth Games in Birmingham in 2022.
20) The University Grants Commission (UGC) has appointed educationist and research scientist Professor Bhushan Patwardhan as chairman, of the executive committee of the National Assessment and Accreditation Council (NAAC), Bengaluru.
▪️University Grants Commission (UGC) :-
➨Founded - 1956
➨First executive: Shanti Swaroop Bhatnagar
➨ Headquarters: New Delhi
➨ Chairperson: D. P. Singh
21) The world's first fully solar-powered Kochi airport is going to become power-positive with the commissioning of its new solar power plant near Payyannur in Kannur district of Kerala.
➠Idukki Dam on Periyar River
➠Kumarakom National Park
➠Anamudi Shola National Park
➠Eravikulam National Park
➠Silent Valley National Park
22) The Indigenously built stealth guided-missile destroyer INS Visakhapatnam was formally “affiliated” to the port city of Vishakhapatnam.
➨INS Vishakhapatnam was commissioned into the Navy in December 2021.
23) India's Cabinet has approved a policy amendment allowing foreign direct investment (FDI) of up to 20% in Life Insurance Corporation of India (LIC).
➙The change is aimed at easing the listing of the state-run insurer.
✸Life Insurance Corporation (LIC) :-
➨Founder - Government of India
➨Founded - 1 September 1956
➨Headquarters - Mumbai
➨Chairperson - M R Kumar
24) Bank of Maharashtra (BoM) has launched the “Project Banksakhi” in Odisha in collaboration with Mahagram & Sunivesh India Finance Services Pvt. Ltd. for Online Bank Account opening.
▪️Odisha CM - Naveen Patnaik
➨ Governor - Ganeshi Lal
➨ Similipal Tiger Reserve
➨ Satkosia Tiger Reserve
➨ Bhitarkanika Mangroves
➨ Nalabana Bird Sanctuary
➨ Tikarpada Wildlife Sanctuary
➨ Chilika Wildlife Sanctuary, Puri
➨ Sunabeda Wildlife Sanctuary
25) A memorandum of understanding (MoU) was signed between Jammu and Kashmir Trade Promotion Organization (JKTPO) and Ladakh Economic Growth and Development Dialogue (LEAD) in order to showcase the sector-wise opportunities in Jammu and Kashmir to potential investors and to drive sector-specific investments from different stakeholders.
▪️Jammu and Kashmir :-
➨L. Governor of J&K - Manoj Sinha
➨Rajparian Wildlife Sanctuary
➨Hirapora Wildlife Sanctuary
➨Gulmarg Wildlife Sanctuary
➨Dachigam National Park
➨Salim Ali National Park
26) Union Agriculture Minister Narendra Tomar launched the 'Meri Policy, Mere Haath' initiative aimed at motivating farmers to insure their crops.
27) The 46th Civil Accounts Day is celebrated on 2nd March 2022 at Dr. Ambedkar International Centre, Janpath, New Delhi.
➨Finance Minister Smt. Sitharaman will launche a major e-governance initiative - the Electronic Bill (e-Bill) processing system as part of ease of doing business and Digital India eco-system.