1. Who published the Human Development Index (HDI)?
Ans. United Nations Development Programme (UNDP).
2. When did the Indochina war take place?
Ans. The Indochina War took place between 1946 - April 1975.
Ads by Jagran.TV
3. Who was the last Viceroy of India?
Ans. Lord Louis Mountbatten
4. The term "ecosystem" was first coined by
Ans. Sir Arthur G. Tansley
5. Name the nodal agency of the 'Fly Ash Management and Utilisation Mission'?
Ans. Ministry of Environment, Forest & Climate Change
6. What is the theme of World Leprosy Day 2022?
Ans. The theme for World Leprosy Day 2022 is 'United for Dignity'.
7. Where is Lake Albert located?
Ans. Lake Albert is also known as Albert Nyanza and Lake Mobutu Sese Seko. It is the northernmost of the lakes in the Western Rift Valley, in east-central Africa, and lies on the border between Congo (Kinshasa) and Uganda.
8. The 'CLAP' programme was launched by which Indian state or UT?
Ans. Andhra Pradesh launched the 'CLAP' programme. The Andhra Pradesh government started the Clean Andhra Pradesh (CLAP)-Jagananna Swachha Sankalpam programme to clean up rural areas, improve sanitation conditions, and waste management with public participation.
Solve| 50+ GK Questions and Answers for Class 9
9. What is a Wildlife Sanctuary?
Ans. It is an area where animal habitats and their surroundings are protected from any sort of disturbance. In these regions, the capturing, killing, and poaching of animals is strictly prohibited. The Wild Life (Protection) Act, 1972, established Protected Areas in India.
10. Where is the Chinnar Wildlife Sanctuary situated?