15 Quiz Questions On Mahatma Gandhi With Answers
1. Who called Gandhiji as ‘Mahatma’?
Answer: Rabindranath Tagore
2. Who is considered as spiritual guru of Gandhiji?
Answer: Leo Tolstoy
3. Where was Mahatma Gandhi born?
Answer: Porbandar, India – It is a coastal city in Gujarat, also known for being the birthplace of Sudama
4. What is Mahatma Gandhi’s first name?
5. What is the name of Mahatma Gandhi’s parents?
Answer: Karamchand and Putlibai Gandhi
6. What did Gandhiji call freedom fighter Subhash Chandra Bose?
7. What is the significance of the Gandhi Memorial in Kanyakumari?
Answer: Gandhiji’s ashes were kept here before immersion in the sea on February 12, 1948
8. When was the Mahatma Gandhi Series of banknotes issued by the Reserve Bank of India?
9. Who is the author of Gandhiji’s favourite Bhajan ‘Vaishnava jana to tene kahiye’?
Answer: Narsi Mehta – The bhajan speaks about the ideals of a Vaishnava Jana or a follower of Lord Vishnu
10. What was the civil disobedience movement where the British were asked to leave India called?
Answer: Quit India Movement
11. Who led the salt Satyagraha Movement with Gandhi?
Answer: Sarojini Naidu
12. How is the date of Mahatma Gandhi’s return to India in 1915 observed now?
Answer: Pravasi Bharatiya Divas
13. When is the International Day of Non-Violence celebrated?
Answer: October 2 — apt, isn’t it?
14. Where is Sabarmati Ashram?
Answer: Ahmedabad – It was formerly known as “Satyagraha Ashram”
15. By which name is Gandhi lovingly called by his countrymen?
Answer: Bapu – It is a Gujarati endearment for “father” or “papa
Post a Comment